use ya mirrors
corks
2008-01-29 13:44:49 UTC
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fshare.youthwant.com.tw%2Fsh.php%3Fid%3D23003335
s***@gmail.com
2008-01-29 16:42:09 UTC
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2...
OMG. Yikes. Wow. I don't even know what to say to that. I should have
stopped watching about half way through.
Boru
2008-01-29 16:34:46 UTC
corks wrote:
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fshare.youthwant.com.tw%2Fsh.php%3Fid%3D23003335

`kin hell !
--
Boru

CBR1100XX,ST1100
corks
2008-01-30 08:13:34 UTC
CBR1100XX,ST1100
G-S
2008-01-29 20:26:00 UTC
Post by corks
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fshare.youthwant.com.tw%2Fsh.php%3Fid%3D23003335
About what one would expect when a heavy vehicle runs over a person
(based on what I've seen of heavy vehicles running over animals).

I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver
(understandable reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.

G-S
George W. Frost
2008-01-29 22:40:38 UTC
Post by corks
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fshare.youthwant.com.tw%2Fsh.php%3Fid%3D23003335
About what one would expect when a heavy vehicle runs over a person (based
on what I've seen of heavy vehicles running over animals).
I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver (understandable
reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.
G-S
Wouldn't have made any difference after the front wheels went right over the
rider
but it appears that the truck driver would have been at fault, even though
the bike rider should have been in the other lane to turn
Nev..
2008-01-30 00:46:02 UTC
Post by George W. Frost
Wouldn't have made any difference after the front wheels went right over the
rider
but it appears that the truck driver would have been at fault, even though
the bike rider should have been in the other lane to turn
*phew* it wasn't the riders fault. Rider - 1 : truck - 0

Nev..
'07 XB12X
George W. Frost
wrong way around, truck driver 1 and no more rider = 0
i***@start.com.au
2008-01-30 02:14:22 UTC
Post by George W. Frost
Post by Nev..
Post by George W. Frost
but it appears that the truck driver would have been at fault, even
though the bike rider should have been in the other lane to turn
*phew* it wasn't the riders fault. Rider - 1 : truck - 0
Nev..
'07 XB12X
wrong way around, truck driver 1 and no more rider = 0
I call the larger of my two ball-peen hammers "Subtlety"...

...and I concur with Nev's other sentiment. Next time, think before
you post and put a fucking warning in the thread title, Corks.
corks
2008-01-30 08:12:31 UTC
Post by i***@start.com.au
Post by George W. Frost
Post by Nev..
Post by George W. Frost
but it appears that the truck driver would have been at fault, even
though the bike rider should have been in the other lane to turn
*phew* it wasn't the riders fault. Rider - 1 : truck - 0
Nev..
'07 XB12X
wrong way around, truck driver 1 and no more rider = 0
I call the larger of my two ball-peen hammers "Subtlety"...
...and I concur with Nev's other sentiment. Next time, think before
you post and put a fucking warning in the thread title, Corks.
toughen up princess , but im sorry the little electrons on your screen
offended you so ....
G-S
2008-01-30 04:06:58 UTC
Post by George W. Frost
Post by corks
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fshare.youthwant.com.tw%2Fsh.php%3Fid%3D23003335
About what one would expect when a heavy vehicle runs over a person (based
on what I've seen of heavy vehicles running over animals).
I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver (understandable
reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.
G-S
Wouldn't have made any difference after the front wheels went right over the
rider
It does actually... it would have left a neater looking corpse.

G-S
s***@gmail.com
2008-01-29 22:53:17 UTC
Post by G-S
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2...
About what one would expect when a heavy vehicle runs over a person
(based on what I've seen of heavy vehicles running over animals).
I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver
(understandable reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.
G-S
Okay. I'm just not getting it... Maybe I'm paying too much attention
to the "end" of the deal... What went wrong here? It looks like the
truck just overran the guy on the scooter. Am I missing something?
bikerbetty
2008-01-29 23:48:19 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by G-S
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2...
About what one would expect when a heavy vehicle runs over a person
(based on what I've seen of heavy vehicles running over animals).
I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver
(understandable reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.
G-S
Okay. I'm just not getting it... Maybe I'm paying too much attention
to the "end" of the deal... What went wrong here? It looks like the
truck just overran the guy on the scooter. Am I missing something?
I suspect the truck driver was up so high and looking ahead at HIS (or
maybe HER) eye level, and didn't even SEE the rider 'way down there'
and so close in front crossing his path (or at least, that's what I
would expect him to say... just another SMIDSY....) Yuk...

betty
Yeebers
2008-01-30 05:14:18 UTC
After watching it 3 times (well the first part) the cyclist is in front
of the truck the whole video.

Even so .. some kinda warning would be nice, Will. My 4yo was at my
shoulder when that started.
betty
VTR250
2008-01-30 06:45:31 UTC
Post by bikerbetty
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by G-S
[...]
I disagree...
1. Judging by the text on the traffic camera, this happened in China.
Note that in China they drive on the right (although this is a multi-
lane road).
2. Note also that one car (the first car) goes straight on in lane
2.
3. The moped rider is going much slower than the blue van in front of
him.
4. He starts off at the right-hand side of the lane and moves to the
left-hand side, then continues over the dotted line. He doesn't
appear to be overtaking anything, so I guess he is moving into lane 2,
the left-turn lane.
5. The truck appears to start moving to his/her left, into a gap in
lane 2 also. I believe the truck wants to get into the middle lane
immediately after the left turn. The truck begins to occupy lane 2 at
the stop line that marks the junction. After starting the maneuver,
the truck sees the moped too late, and swerves back into the ahead-
only lane, lane 1.
6. The moped riders body bursts and is cut into at least two pieces by
the rear wheels of the truck.
7. None of the other cars stop to help.

Conclusion: the moped rider was at fault -- he/she should have been
in the correct lane about 100m earlier. The moped rider was doing a
left turn in front of the truck. The truck driver was going straight-
on much faster than the left-turning moped. The truck driver was busy
executing a maneuver, and checking to his/her left and behind the
truck. I also suspect the moped was under-powered for the road it was
travelling on and couldn't go any faster.
VTR250
2008-01-30 07:07:32 UTC
<snip>
7. None of the other cars stop to help.
BTW the reason nobody stops to help is because they're a bunch of
mindless automatons in cages. They 'see' the accident but mentally
they're in neutral -- they don't think it's anything to do with them
and their task is to get home, so the accident becomes an obstacle to
be navigated around.
Conclusion: the moped rider was at fault -- he/she should have been
in the correct lane about 100m earlier. The moped rider was doing a
left turn in front of the truck. The truck driver was going straight-
on much faster than the left-turning moped. The truck driver was busy
executing a maneuver, and checking to his/her left and behind the
truck. I also suspect the moped was under-powered for the road it was
travelling on and couldn't go any faster.
...and another thing, trucks=death. Stay behind/ahead of trucks when
they are moving. Pass when they are stationary and get out of the way
before they start moving. I know someone who was run over by a large
truck and survived. He broke a lot of bones (interestingly every
single rib was broken twice, amongst others).
AJCMH
2008-02-01 05:28:21 UTC
Post by VTR250
Post by bikerbetty
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by G-S
[...]
The rider was totally unaware of the truck
The truckie was travelling to fast.
I think those 2 things are related.
The truckie should have sounded his horn just when they both came into shot
and continued his turn and it should have been ok.
I dont think it is obvious that the truckie was trying to avoid the rider
I dont think its even obvious he was aware of the rider until he hit him
I hope they gave the truckie a breath test
Michael Sierchio
2008-01-30 23:41:37 UTC
Post by G-S
I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver
(understandable reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.
Injuries? I don't think the cyclist was injured for more than
a second or two.
--
Do not send me email replies -- this is a honeypot
address for spam.
G-S
2008-01-31 11:09:49 UTC
Post by Michael Sierchio
Post by G-S
I would add however that hard braking by the truck driver
(understandable reaction that it is) actually tends to make injuries worse.
Injuries? I don't think the cyclist was injured for more than
a second or two.
That's the second person... don't you lot want to leave a neat looking
corpse for your open coffin funeral?

Do you really want to make your local funeral directors job that hard?

Funeral directors are people too you know!

G-S
Michael Sierchio
2008-01-31 18:55:26 UTC
Post by G-S
Funeral directors are people too you know!
I concede that you have a point.
--
Do not send me email replies -- this is a honeypot
address for spam.
Nev..
2008-01-30 00:16:13 UTC
Good one corks. If you're going to post this stuff at least put some
sort of spoiler in the subject ya fucking goose. Not everyone wants to
see that shit.

Nev..
'07 XB12X
corks
'07 XB12X
paulh
2008-02-01 06:40:57 UTC
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:10:22 +0900, "corks"
Post by corks
if only life was so sign posted
Good one corks. If you're going to post this stuff at least put some sort
of spoiler in the subject ya fucking goose. Not everyone wants to see
that shit.
Nev..
'07 XB12X
Well I for one didnt mind your post.

paulh

Smeeegles
2008-01-30 06:08:37 UTC
You could have put a warning before that post!
Marty H
2008-01-30 22:11:10 UTC
Post by Smeeegles
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2...
You could have put a warning before that post!
be gentle on Corks, there is a rumour that Wayne Carey is in Perth ATM
and the constabulary and a little on edge, they have used all their
capsicum spray in last nights chicken salad.

mh
corks
mh
corks
2008-01-30 22:50:12 UTC
Post by Marty H
Post by Smeeegles
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2...
You could have put a warning before that post!
be gentle on Corks, there is a rumour that Wayne Carey is in Perth ATM
and the constabulary and a little on edge, they have used all their
capsicum spray in last nights chicken salad.
mh
ooops, yeah what is that guy doing, trying to get locked up by every kown
police \force