couple of rides from over here ''waves''
corks
2008-01-13 08:23:00 UTC
dwellngup run 130108

huge turnout today - 11 bikes - departed armadale pretty much at 9

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/corks67/dwelly%20130108/

met at armadale , did the jarrahdale - serpentine nettleton rd, then del
park to dwellyingup .

brunch at dwellingup - millhouse still not open - stacks of bikes in dwelly
including a couple of splitters with psb.

then did nanga brooke rd, which was a little busy with bikes today including
large number from DOCWA who lived up their reputation for ahem "spirited"
riding

stop at waroona for a quick drink, check out the local talent, watch highway
patrol eat their lunch then leave.

back up through Dwellingup on the nanga-brook rd, through to Pinjarra,
where we watched highway patrol pull some old fart over.

Then Alcoa rd to North Spur then down Del Park Rd to Nth Dandalup for final
drink and say bye-byes, checked out the old hot-rod - 48 chevy fleetliner,
then headed home.

no one fell off or afoul and old ladies were able to cross the road safely.

Perth to Denmark 050108

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/corks67/denmark%200108/

attendees , me - sc1000, dammo - trx850(sniff), andy - st1050, rob - vrf800
and darren - ktm990.

we meet at armadale saturday morning around 8ish and were on the road by
830ish.

we did -

Armadale to Dwellingup via Del Park Rd. Past Quindanning and across to
Williams for first break.
West and then south on williams - darkan rd through to Darkan and onto near
boyup brook via durranillin. I think it was south then skirting Boyup Brook
towards Bridgetown on the Boyup Brook - Bridgetown rd and a detour back to
hester rd to Bridgetown because of a traffic accident.
Lunch in Bridgetown - cafe 1906 - hamburer for most of us, discovered andy
inhales his food.
bridgetown West to Nannup on brockman hwy, then South on Vasse Hwy heading
into the big trees. Miss Pemberton and go to Northcliffe for the most
expensive fuel at $169.90. Head east and took South western Hwy to Walpole
and right through to Denmark where we checked in at the Gum Grove Chalets at
about 615pm.
Dinner was at the Denmark Tavern. Ranch steak for me, yum :-)
Fianlly back to chalets and crashed out about midnight, i think.
Almost 700kms.

Sunday was a sleepin day , finally getting on the road about 1030ish to the
Riverview cafe for breakfast, omlette for me
Ride around sights of Denmark and Albany on Sunday as guided by Dammo ,
scotsdale rd and around the hills and valleys, god's country , could
definately live down there. did the run from denmark to albany via torbay.
Checkd out Wilson Inlet at Denmark and later the Wind Farm just outside of
albany. Lunch at Dylans, great hamburgers there.
After lunch went back to dammo's place where he swapped the trixxie for
something more comfortable in the shape of a Trumpy Trophy 900. Off we went
again back to denmark via Albany Hwy to Narrikup ad then across to the
Denmark-Mt Barker Rd.
Dammo headed back to Albany and we crashed at the chalets for a while before
heading to the Denmark Tavern for dinner - grilled seafood for me. Grabbed
some takeways and went back to the chalets where Darren entered us with his
portable mpeg/avi player and much discussion was held as to the merits of
abbi titmuss and mimi mcphereson. :-)
Crashed about 1am - Darren wins the snoring competition
About 300kms.

Monday up a bit earlier 830ish
Left ave Denmark heading westwards on South Coast hwy and almost get taken
out by 4wd pulling
out, refuel at Walpole. Headed towards Manjimup but took the Vasse Hwy to
Pemberton instead.
Forget to give Darrin the keys to the viffer at the servo and have to go
back. Go to Nannup and take the goat track to
Balingup for lunch.lunch at the Balingup Tavern, very nice setting and yummy
hamburgers
North towards Donnybrook via Kirup on the South Western Hwy but turning
east just before on the Donnybrook - boyup brook rd and head towards
Mumballup and back to Collie on the Collie Preston rd (at fast pace.) Refuel
and drink at Collie where is was friggen hot Take more northeasterly road
(collie- william rd) back towards Williams but turn back towards Quindanning
on the Pinjarra- Williams Rd via Marradong instead.Back to Dwellingup
(refuel and drink) where temp had crept up to 37 and servo opened up again
for fuel and drinks. Del Park Rd and Hwy back to Armadale where it reached
42 degrees.
Just over 600kms.

No one fell off or afoul, got a flat tyre , broke chain or had a backpack
open in a shower of tools and sparks.
Only cops we saw were at williams (going down) , Bridgetwon at the prang and
the local pempy coppers cruising around.

Much bike swapping (thank god we didnt take our g/f's) i think pretty much
everybody had a go on everybody's bike.
the vfr800 and the st1050 felt similar and very smooth but the st had more
grunt tho its weight was a little noticeable after coming off the sc1000.
the ktm was pretty radical, with a serious grunt motor and awesome brakes.
the riding possie felt a little wierd perched up and high - the complete
opposite of the sc1000. the trx850 felt like a ole g/f only looser so i
dunno what dammo's been doing to her :-)

good company all round, great scenery and pretty good weather apart from the
heat coming back , noticeable from balingup and really noticeable at collie
(which is still a poxy hole)
sean_q
2011-11-20 06:56:48 UTC
dwellngup run 130108...
good company all round, great scenery and pretty good weather apart from the
heat coming back , noticeable from balingup and really noticeable at collie
(which is still a poxy hole)
Ride reports like this make me wish I were there... instead of here
in icy cold Canada (where the winters are truly deplorable).

Sometimes I think about bringing my Harley there and living
like a sundowner.

ps. Why is it so hard to emigrate to Australia, considering that
your national anthem says:

For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share

SQ
Zebee Johnstone
2011-11-20 06:57:40 UTC
In aus.motorcycles on Sat, 19 Nov 2011 22:56:48 -0800
Post by sean_q
dwellngup run 130108...
good company all round, great scenery and pretty good weather apart from the
heat coming back , noticeable from balingup and really noticeable at collie
(which is still a poxy hole)
Ride reports like this make me wish I were there... instead of here
in icy cold Canada (where the winters are truly deplorable).
Sometimes I think about bringing my Harley there and living
like a sundowner.
ps. Why is it so hard to emigrate to Australia, considering that
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share
Because the people who come over the seas don't want to live in the
boundless plains.

They want luxuries like water and food. Red desert and saltpans just
not good enough for them apparently.

The anthem does not say "We have coastal cities and jobs to share...."

Zebee
Rheilly Phoull
2011-11-20 08:49:12 UTC
Post by Zebee Johnstone
In aus.motorcycles on Sat, 19 Nov 2011 22:56:48 -0800
dwellngup run 130108...
Plus we need the room for the boat people.
Zebee Johnstone
2011-11-20 09:54:56 UTC
In aus.motorcycles on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:49:12 +0800
Post by Rheilly Phoull
Post by Zebee Johnstone
In aus.motorcycles on Sat, 19 Nov 2011 22:56:48 -0800
Post by sean_q
dwellngup run 130108...
[...]
Nah, no room for them, the visa overstayers from the UK and the US
outnumber them 10 to 1.

Zebee
Theo Bekkers
2011-11-23 02:27:14 UTC
Post by Zebee Johnstone
Post by Rheilly Phoull
Plus we need the room for the boat people.
Nah, no room for them, the visa overstayers from the UK and the US
outnumber them 10 to 1.
That's a very conservative guess Zebee. Last concrete figures I saw
was about ten years ago, when the official figure for Visa overstayers
from the UK and the US was given as 70,000. And they were only
counting those who had overstayed by more than five years.

But those people are not refugee applicants, they are actual illegals.
We know their names and passport number but I suppose they're white
and speak English almost like real Aussies.

Theo
One of the 1953 boat people.
Fraser Johnston
2011-11-23 03:28:05 UTC
Post by sean_q
ps. Why is it so hard to emigrate to Australia, considering that
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share
SQ
We are thinking of changing it to detention centres.

Fraser