saddle bags and or soft luggage options ??
corks
2007-12-13 11:43:23 UTC
im having a look around for some soft luggage options , looking at either a
seat bag or perhaps a set of saddlebags - the universal type you can throw
over the rear seat with straps.

anybody got any ideas or views on what to get o what not to get

doesnt have to be that big, say enuff room for a weekend away

thanks dave
Ron and Bev Dent
2007-12-13 12:06:46 UTC
Have a set of oxford saddle bags.expandable top quality,robust and under
$100.can recommend.
ron
corks
2007-12-13 12:27:23 UTC
ta, which model please ?
ron
smack
2007-12-13 22:46:03 UTC
What are you riding this week scrok? Conehead gave me his RJays bags, but I
have to spend way too much time taping up the arse with gaffa tape to stop
it rubbing the plastic away.
BT Humble
2007-12-13 23:41:08 UTC
... but I
have to spend way too much time taping up the arse with gaffa tape ...
Now *there's* a vivid mental image!

BTH
atec77
2007-12-13 23:58:14 UTC
Post by BT Humble
... but I
have to spend way too much time taping up the arse with gaffa tape ...
Now *there's* a vivid mental image!
You have visions of his nether regions ?
ewwww
BTH
Mad-Biker
2007-12-13 18:14:10 UTC
$200 pack http://bikebiz.com.au/contents/en-us/p3386.html?lmd=39428.519444

$60 http://www.rjays.com.au/home/products/luggage-touring-saddle-bag.html

Throw over panniers dont like tiered seats, you also have to test them for
your exhaust clearance.

or buy a rack and rack bag.
http://www.rjays.com.au/home/products/luggage-expandable-explorer-rack-bag.html
l***@gmail.com
2007-12-13 21:40:22 UTC
$60http://www.rjays.com.au/home/products/luggage-touring-saddle-bag.html
I've got them thar ones. They're fookin' great.
Mad-Biker
2007-12-15 04:59:32 UTC
I miss my dri rider ones, went through a lot with em, sold em a few years
ago coz they didn't fit on my cbr for a few bucks, regret that, I should
have kept em
Nev..
2007-12-14 09:45:00 UTC
Post by corks
im having a look around for some soft luggage options , looking at either a
seat bag or perhaps a set of saddlebags - the universal type you can throw
over the rear seat with straps.
anybody got any ideas or views on what to get o what not to get
doesnt have to be that big, say enuff room for a weekend away
I have expandable Motoline soft throwover panniers and an Andystrapz A
Bagz seat bag which between them carry everything I want to carry for
any length of time away from home. http://tinyurl.com/ywb7o2 The seat
bag would probably suit your purposes quite sufficiently. I just happen
to have one for sale. It has capacity about 30 litres and waterproof.
Cost $195 new, it's been used for about 60 days travelling total. You
can have it for $100 incl postage, unless someone else wants it, in
which case it'll go to whoever emails me first.

Nev..
'04 CBR1100XX