perth bike show 2007
corks
2007-08-26 14:23:33 UTC
well i went, figured wth gotta be good for a look around

and it was much better than the freo show - lot more bikes, stuff stuff

lot more manufactures there and you could buy a bike if you felt that way
inclined

otoh you couldnt but many accessories for some reasons - you could if say a
bike seller was selling them, but not from the
wholesalers who had some bg displays happening - but you could looks at say
stax of helmets, boots, leathers, gloves all in one in spot , heaps of them
and then go to fav place and buy them tmw :-)

food and drinks places were limited in number and had lengthy queues

piccies are here -

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/corks67/perth%20bike%20show%202007/
Fraser Johnston
2007-08-26 14:29:41 UTC
Post by corks
well i went, figured wth gotta be good for a look around
and it was much better than the freo show - lot more bikes, stuff stuff
lot more manufactures there and you could buy a bike if you felt that way
inclined
otoh you couldnt but many accessories for some reasons - you could if say a
bike seller was selling them, but not from the
wholesalers who had some bg displays happening - but you could looks at say
stax of helmets, boots, leathers, gloves all in one in spot , heaps of them
and then go to fav place and buy them tmw :-)
food and drinks places were limited in number and had lengthy queues
piccies are here -
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/corks67/perth%20bike%20show%202007/
I went Saturday with a mate and my son. We were there for about 3 hours and
got to see everything. A mate described it as basically going to a bunch of
dealers in one area. But I thought it was pretty good. Got to see some nice
bits of machinery and have a sit on them. Highlights included the new Ducati
1098 and the MV Augusta 312. My 3 year old spent the day charming all the
models. Bless him. Honda had some ridiculous deals on the Blackbird and I am
surprised I didn't end up buying one. Talk about a hard sell.

Fraser
James Harvey
2007-08-26 15:06:51 UTC
Post by corks
well i went, figured wth gotta be good for a look around
and it was much better than the freo show - lot more bikes, stuff stuff
lot more manufactures there and you could buy a bike if you felt that way
inclined
otoh you couldnt but many accessories for some reasons - you could if say a
bike seller was selling them, but not from the
wholesalers who had some bg displays happening - but you could looks at say
stax of helmets, boots, leathers, gloves all in one in spot , heaps of them
and then go to fav place and buy them tmw :-)
food and drinks places were limited in number and had lengthy queues
piccies are here -
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/corks67/perth%20bike%20show%202007/
Yeah I enjoyed it too. Points of interest for me were:

New bikes
- Ducati hypermotard. Actually pretty much the whole Ducati area.
- Honda CBR125 - will be interesting to see how this does
- Kawasaki Versys
- The Zongshen stand

Other stuff
- The four wheeler with caterpillar tracks instead of wheels
- Having a chat to the Staintune rep.. nice guy
- The GSXR from Rilusi motorcycles with the frame plated in 22 carat
gold (!)
- Electric scooters (didn't like the sales rep there though)
corks
2007-08-27 01:21:14 UTC
what was wierd, was i dont recal seeing a hyosung stand ???
Post by James Harvey
Post by corks
[...]
(!)
- Electric scooters (didn't like the sales rep there though)